A logbook is a booklet supplied by the car manufacturer which is generally situated in the glovebox.This Log book is the guide to your car’s recommended service intervals,procedures and inspection points.
The logbook will tell you what needs to be done & at what time (ie, coolant to be replaced at 30 000km is a example)
What is inspected
The inspection is a check of the vehicle to ensure that the key components are in a fit condition for safe road use. It includes:
- wheels and tyres
- steering, suspensions and braking systems
- seats and seatbelts
- lights and reflectors
- windscreen, and windows including front wipers and washers
- vehicle structure
- other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
- View the Vehicle standards information VSI26 – Roadworthiness requirements [PDF 415 Kb] for further information on the
- Inspection standards for the Roadworthiness test.
What is not inspected
The roadworthiness test is not a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition of the vehicle.
If you require a comprehensive vehicle inspection
If you require a comprehensive check on the overall condition and reliability of the vehicle then you should arrange for a separate independent vehicle inspection report.
There is no engine component more complex and essential than a car’s transmission. Transmissions are responsible for shifting gears (automatically or manually) to dynamically change the speed-torque ratio in order to deliver power to the wheels in an efficient manner based on the speed of the vehicle.
Many transmission problems start out small and get worse over time. Taking care of your transmission early can prevent costly and time-consuming repairs in the future.
At Eastside Automatics we do both Automatic and Manual transmission repairs. We service manual transmissions of Japanese trucks, Buses, 4WD’s, Cars.
Mechanical Repairs & Servicing
At Eastside Automatics, we offer a full range of mechanical servicing and repairs.
- General mechanical and repairs servicing
- Brake servicing and repairs
- Clutch repairs
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) diagnostics, servicing and repairs
- Engine tuning
- Suspension repairs